We can take care of the following legal requirements:
The Gas Safety Certification (GSR)
(installation And Use) Regulations 1994
- These regulations ensure that gas appliances are properly installed and maintained in a safe condition so as to avoid the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- It is the responsibility of the landlords of domestic properties that ALL ‘Gas Appliances’ and Gas Installation Pipe work owned by him are checked for safety at least once a year by a member of the GAS SAFE registered and that accurate records are kept of those safety inspections and any work carried out. These records must be provided to the tenant.
Electrical Safety Certification (PIR)
Equipment (safety) Regulations 1994
- The above regulations impose an obligation on the Landlord to ensure that all electrical appliances and installations left as part of a let property are safe.
- We recommend that all electrical appliances in let properties are regularly checked and serviced.
- Failure to comply with these regulations may jeopardise the life of your tenant and lead to prosecution with penalties of imprisonment or fines up to £5000.
Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarms
Landlords Are Required To Install Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarms By Law
- A smoke alarm is now required on every storey.
- A carbon monoxide alarm needs to be in every room with a solid fuel burning appliance
- Alarms must be tested and working on the start of each tenancy
- Penalties of up to £5000 enforced by Local Authorities
- There is no grace period
Energy Performance Certificates
- All properties (homes, commercial and public buildings) must have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) when sold, built or rented